Sunday 13 May 2012

Pronunciation of luxury brands


I find this very interesting. Singaporeans always pronounce Versace( ver-sah-chee) as ver-sah-shey and Hermes ( Air-MAZE) as HER-MISS. But when I pronounced the correct one, they always look at me as if I'm some Noobshit LOL.

Example: In Hong Kong, I was searching for this fragrance called Dior Homme. That freaking insensitive shit ass promoter corrected me immediately 'DIOR HOME-ME', when actually, I pronounced the correct one as 'DIOR OHM' ( yes the physics sign OHMMMMMMM). In the end, I was damn pissed and so I didn't get it.

Please correct me if I'm wrong:
-HOMME (OHM)
-FEMME (FAM)
-Givenchy ( GEE-VON-CHEE)
-Versace (VER-SAH-CHEE)
-Cartier (CAR-TEE-'A')
-Louis Vuttion ( Louis take away the 'S' , LOO-WEE)
-Mugler ( MIU-GLARE)
-Hermes (AIR-MAZE)
-Yves Saint Laurent ( EVE-SAN-LOR-ON)
-Lanvin (LON-VAN)
-Bvlgari (BOOL-GA-REE)
-Zanga ( ZANE-YA)


OKAY LAST ONE..... Car brand HYUNDAI. 99.9% of consumers will pronounce it as HUN-DYE. The correct pronunciation is HUN-DAY.


If you think I pronounced it incorrectly, or want to find out the pronunciation of other brand names, feel free to comment on my FS.  Hope it helps ;)

5 comments:

  1. ikr, i also get pissed when people try to 'correct' me when actually they are the wrong one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. holla! mind if i ask a quick question? did u see any creeper shoes selling at hongkong? ;p im going there next month n would like to knw where to get it lol.saw your trip post n looks like you're hving loads of serious shopping there ;p

    xx
    sartob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't take note of that but you could check out New Town Mall, 65 Argyle Street, Mong Kok (Exit D2, Mong Kok MTR Station). If you wanted those real Underground creeper then you might want to check out I.T outlet in Windsor House 3F, Causeway Bay. OHH! There's this brand call IZZUE which sell cool stuff and unique creepers (abit over price though).

      Rmb always find your way using the map or buy a WIFI sim card and use GOOGLE map. it helps ;)) ENJOY YOURSELF THERE!!!!! :D

      Delete
    2. awesomeness! thanks a bunch! ;);)

      Delete