Sunday 21 October 2012

Movie Of The Week: The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

I've been spending "quality time" at home during my school holiday doing NOTHING basically. But It was not as bad as I thought simply because I found my new hobby: Watching Movies.

I think it might be cool to share it with you guys about those movies I've watched. SO FROM NOW ON, IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT 'OOTDs' or 'OnMyPLAYLISTs' anymore. This is my first official 'Movie of  the week' label.


The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas (2008) 



The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas is a 2008 historical-drama film based on the novel of the same name by Irish writer John Boyne. Set during World War II, a story seen through the innocent eyes of Bruno, the eight-year-old son of the commandant at a concentration camp, whose forbidden friendship with a Jewish boy on the other side of the camp fence has startling and unexpected consequences. 


I think you must have some kind of background knowledge about the WWII in order to understand it. And the ending is really sad I must say. It shows a very pure and genuine friendship between the boys and the cruelty of human beings. The actors and actresses are incredible in my opinion.  




No comments:

Post a Comment